VISIT REDONKULOUS DESIGNS ONLINE STORE!

Purchase our new releases below or browse our store to shop our full digital collection of Stamps, Scrapbook Papers or Collage Sheets!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mother, and a full time illustrator. I have a son who is 8, and a daughter 5. Drawing & Digital painting is my life, but wish drawing digis was my full time job b/c I get so much satisfaction from it! For now it is a hobby that is mainly for my babies, and my escape from the strict guideline of the lisenced properties I work on in everyday life! I LOVE my day job too. I create small MMO games for major featured films, anything ranging from Dreamworks Madagascar, Ice Age, Tin Tin, or Puss In Boots to projects as small as My Little Pony, Barbie, and Hello Kitty to name a small few. I enjoy painting traditionally and digitally, and there are days where I wish I had four arms so I can do everything! Family comes first for me - life is just too short, so I try to find a happy balance between crafts and my full time career.

Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Funny Digital Stamp

Hi everyone! I've been a bad blogger as of late.  I decided to spend some much needed time with my family.  Everything is ok.  There's just a lot of things to think about in terms of what is important to me, what the future holds, and what sacrifices need to be made.  Obviously family comes first!  We  will figure it all out as we move forward.  Sometimes I wish I could freeze time, because I have a million things to do.  Yesterday our two little Monkey's stayed with a sitter for 5hrs. It was strange not having them around.  Too bad Daddy and I weren't doing anything exciting (business related stuff). I've definitely been experiencing the highs and lows of running a small shop. I guess if they made it easy, everybody would be doing it.  Together we spend lots of time bouncing ideas for new digis and hope they become hits.  I know, I know, this week is a blusher (see below)...but hey, you only live once and I'm feeling risque this week!  *Cringe* I can't believe I am posting this - LOL!

I have a few things to share with you all today. First, one of my cheekiest digis. It is definitely not meant for the easily offended, but why can girls walk around half naked and it is accepted? Yes - this stamp is sure to make your girlfriends blush, giggle, or mouth drop to the floor! I put this guy on a Wobble and he now dances on the card. Hilarious! I cannot take credit for the idea of this stamp, as this is the sick and twisted mind of my husband! Yes, even the risque sentiment! What a dirty bird eh? His exact words were, "Hey, your ladies deserve a treat! Why should the guys have all the fun?" LOL! How thoughtful! Hahaha! I am guilty of giggling while colouring up this funny digital stamp...he is super easy, in my opinion, due to the fact he is mostly flesh colour!

Secondly, my card from last week. A very simple design. I couldn't for the life of me find anything special to embellish it with. Nothing really jumped out in my stash to be honest, and my creative ideas were really dry that day. I am, however, really happy with colouring her. This was my fist attempt at black hair and it turned out well. I used my Lilac Promarker as part of her hilite, and it blended well with the Ice Grey,5,3,1, and Black. I will definitely use that combo again!

Family Time

Wow I can't believe my little darling is 7 months old. She is growing up so fast and I just want her to stay little...is that so wrong?  Over our family time together, Kolby and I couldn't wait to paint up some Easter Eggs. This is more of a pre Easter treat we did together.  We mixed food colouring in some shaving cream (you get a really cool swirl effect) and then you dip your eggs in and let it dry.  Wipe clean to reveal a fancy swirl of colours on your eggs!  I  think we did it wrong as it did not turn out as nice as I thought.  Next time I won't use water to wipe the eggs clean, and we'll see what happens.  It was fun and super easy regardless.  (top pic of eggs is BEFORE, bottom is AFTER).

Later we all made some yummy Cake Pops!  Fun to make and eat!  :)  You will also notice Kolby having a sleepover party with all of his friends. Can you tell he likes frogs? :)

So, this is what I've been up to.  Hope your all having a crafty week and smiling with extreme, yet almost hard to contain excitement, as the snow melts away! C'mon spring!  Hearing those birds out there is music to my ears!

7 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This image is just brilliant for gay men birthday cards!! I am off to buy it now as I have a few to make - great idea, has your husband got anymore??? x

Kreativelena said...

I think this sexy mann goes great on any card. I love him. And i wish more people would make some hot men, because thoose digi are hard to find. This is the first one i ever have seen that looks great :-)

Unknown said...

This is brilliant Sheryl - fab idea from your hubby too :) I agree ... us women deserve a treat now and then! Love your cool eggs - might just have to try that out with my little one. Looks like a lot of messy fun! Just off to buy my man now lol ...
Hugs, Tracey x

Star said...

These are such fabulous cards! I just found your shop through a blog I follow, and I am your newest fan. (LOVE the risque new stamp!!) Love your eggs. When I pinned the shaving cream thing on pinterest, one of the comments say it stays better if you dip your eggs in vinegar first.

Unknown said...

LOL!! Great man card! Anyone who likes to watch SNL and loves the "____ in a Box" skit would enjoy this stamp. So fun!

Unknown said...

LOL!! Great man card! Anyone who likes to watch SNL and loves the "____ in a Box" skit would enjoy this stamp. So fun!

The-Butterfly said...

I have only just found your site and your digi stamps - i have to say i love them!! I cant wait to get home tonight and download some and get colouring for some card ideas - look forward to following your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...