VISIT REDONKULOUS DESIGNS ONLINE STORE!

Purchase our new releases below or browse our store to shop our full digital collection of Stamps, Scrapbook Papers or Collage Sheets!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, a mother, and a full time illustrator. I have a son who is 8, and a daughter 5. Drawing & Digital painting is my life, but wish drawing digis was my full time job b/c I get so much satisfaction from it! For now it is a hobby that is mainly for my babies, and my escape from the strict guideline of the lisenced properties I work on in everyday life! I LOVE my day job too. I create small MMO games for major featured films, anything ranging from Dreamworks Madagascar, Ice Age, Tin Tin, or Puss In Boots to projects as small as My Little Pony, Barbie, and Hello Kitty to name a small few. I enjoy painting traditionally and digitally, and there are days where I wish I had four arms so I can do everything! Family comes first for me - life is just too short, so I try to find a happy balance between crafts and my full time career.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Cute Christmas Digital Stamp - Elf in A Box

Here is this weeks Christmas Digi of an elf girl. Inspiration comes from my life this week as it is a very exciting time of year for me and my family. I'm sure many of you enjoy the holidays, spending time with family and friends. My excitement goes a little bit further this year, and my husband is forcing me to contain it! YIPPY! I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out, but I am trying... So, let me explain. 

As you all know we recently had our baby girl Serina, and she has been a joyful addition to our family. It will be interesting to see how the family dynamics will work in the coming month with our other new little friend.... Who is this little friend I speak of? No, not a puppy!!! Have you ever heard of an "Elf on the shelf"? That's right, I'm getting excited about a little elf! But it's not just any little elf! It is a cute little guy who visits after reading a story book. We have to name him when he arrives, but Kolby is not to touch him or he will lose his magic! He is only allowed to talk to him; this under strict orders from the Big Man himself (Santa), and the elf is only allowed to listen. Every day, our elf friend will visit our home, showing up in a random place, to make sure Kolby is being a good boy. Then he disappears to report to Santa! What a cute, fun, and clever idea huh? I'm soooo excited, I feel like a child myself! Christmas is super exciting again! My husband, wants us to wait until Dec 1st to bring out our elf friend and I am not sure I can wait! Not only that, if I know my son, he will take this very seriously and talk to the elf, and be on his best behaviour till the 25th of December! He usually is a very good boy anyway, but for those odd days, when he becomes Mr. Cranky Pants, I will now be able to point to my little elf buddy and have an even more peaceful December! Woohoo!

 Now the big question. Since this is going to be tradition, we want to influence Kolby to come up with a cute, elf-like name. He is only 3, so he will need help with this, otherwise we'll be calling him "Excavator Banana Face"...Yes, he has a big vocabulary when it comes to trucks etc., but lacks the creativity for naming things that make sense. HA HA!   Soooo....

Any ideas for an elf name for our Elf on The Shelf tradition?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh my...love the new image..super cute. Now for a name..i'm terrible at that...i'm going to go for Krinkle...have loads of fun girl...

Karen said...

Lol... now that got me smiling! :0)

How about Elfin or Edwin?

Fabulous image too hun.

Huggles,
Karen.xx

Unknown said...

loved the read lol!!!!!! and name cor thats a tough one but lets say
ALVYN..
or
OBERON..(king of the fairies or elfin folke..from shakespeare)think it was mid summer nights dream...hugs sassyxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...